"Kayleigh learned so much today" - Joy, White Rock
"Your workshops are always so much fun". - Chloe, Surrey
"Amanda enjoyed her afternoon. It was a very new experience for her."
- Niki, Surrey, BC
"Great workshops, great prices, great instructors". You rock!"
- Leanne, Surrey
One day workshops are a great way to learn a lot in a short time. We suggest our students attend these workshops in addition to their weekly studies at The Drama Class.
These workshops are designed to give an overview of specific specialized training in topics such as:
Introduction to Voiceover Work in Commercials & Animation
with Talent Agent Pamela Wise
Hosted by well-known Vancouver Talent Agent, PAMELA WISE, this workshop is full of information for young actors who are new to Vancouver’s acting community!
THIS WORKSHOP INCLUDES:
- An Insider’s Understanding of Kids/Teens working in Our Local Film Industry
- Understanding How to Fit Into Trends in Marketing to Kids and Teens
- Working With Your Nerves And The Psychology Of The Audition
- Understanding Your Part Of The Creative Process In The Audition
- Discovering Your True Character Range
- Mastering Strengths and Pitfalls of Commercial Stereotypes
- Defining Your Two Unique Core Brands In Advertising
- Recreating Real Audition Room Experiences On Camera With Slating, The Informal Interview, One Liners And A Script
“My daughter landed her first commercial this month and she said that the Pamela Wise workshop was very useful.” – Nicole, Surrey
Introduction to Voiceover Work in Commercials and Animation
with Maryke Hendriske
Learn What It Takes To Do Voice-Over Work In Commercials And Cartoons From A Professional Voiceover Actor And Instructor
THIS WORKSHOP WILL COVER:
- What it takes to be a voice actor?
- Voice exercises and learning how to make your voice acting real
- All about microphones and headsets
- What happens at the studio?
- What happens at a cartoon voiceover audition? Get ready to have fun, by using your own voice in a real audition.
- Learn how to read from a TV cartoon script
- What’s the difference between cartoon voice acting and doing a commercial?
- Types of commercials Kids read for
- Try out some commercial scripts
- How can I make my auditions even better?
- What’s a “demo” and why do I need one?
- Info about Voiceover Talents Agents
Parents are invited to attend the last 20 MINUTES as our instructor will go over some important “VOICE-OVER BUSINESS” information.
Voice-over workshops for young performers are very rare so don’t wait to sign up for these ones!
“We learned so much!” – Dominic, Surrey
with Tony Alcantar
Covering The Most Requested Dialects For Vancouver Actors!
Internationally known dialect coach Tony Alcantar’s workshop will introduce students to the most requested dialects, including Standard American, New York, and British accents.
Learn how to master these dialects for your next audition!
Casting Director Stuart Aikins: “They (Canadian actors) may be able to act the scene but if they sound Canadian or British they often are dismissed”
“Kai LOVED the workshop with Tony! – Tori, Surrey
“Daniella really enjoyed this workshop”. – Teri, Surrey